Dual citizen registered with us in AIRE (Registry of Italian nationals living abroad) can renounce the Italian citizenship by rendering a declaration at the Consulate.
To schedule an appointment contact the Consular Office at email@example.com
For the procedure a fee of 250 Euro is due to the Ministry of Interior in Rome and it is payable by international wire transfer. It cannot be paid at the Embassy.
To do the wire transfer provide your bank with the following references:
Beneficiary Account name: Ministero dell’Interno D.L.C.I. – Cittadinanza
Bank: Poste Italiane SPA / Banco Posta
Bank address: Viale Europa 175, Roma, Italy
Payment purpose: Applicant’s name, last name: Rinuncia cittadinanza italiana
IBAN code: IT54DO760103200000000809020
BIC / Swift Code: BPPIITRRXXX
ForEurogiro transactions: PIBPITRA
- Birth certificate issued by the Italian Comune (also for Italian citizens born abroad, the Certificate must be from the Italian Comune).
- Italian passport
- Certificate attesting the possession of other citizenship beside the Italian one (applicant cannot become stateless)
- Foreign passport
- Any foreign naturalization certificate
- Proof of payment of the 250 Euro fee.
– Payment of Consular stamp tax as per art.4 letter b) of Euro 41,00 (to be paid at the cashier of the Embassy on the day of the appointment).
A confirmation of renunciation of citizenship will be issued at your appointment.