PLEASE DO NOT BUY INTERNATIONAL FLIGHT TICKETS BEFORE OBTAINING THE PASSPORT, AS THE SOLE POSSESSION OF AN INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL TICKET DOES NOT JUSTIFY THE PROMPT AND FAST ISSUE OF AN ITALIAN PASSPORT.
In order to streamline and optimize consular services, this Embassy offers its services BY APPOINTMENT ONLY, booked via the online service Prenot@mi (PLEASE SEE FURTHER BELOW)
PLEASE NOTE THAT EVERY APPOINTMENT IS FOR A SINGLE PERSON. ADDITIONAL FAMILY MEMBERS, EVEN UNDER 18 YEARS OLD, HAVE TO BOOK ADDITIONAL INDIVIDUAL APPOINTMENTS.
- Passport applications are accepted from Italian Citizens permanently residing in Sweden and registered in the AIRE Registy of Italians living abroad.
Prior to application for passport, it is necessary to verify that the birth certificate has been already registered with the relevant Italian town hall. Whenever the birth certificate is not registered in Italy, the applicant should submit the birth certificate at the moment of passport application, to complete and finalize the registration procedure.
The above procedure is applicable to all Italian citizens, even already in possession of a previous italian passport, and specifically to:
- Citizens born abroad (not in Italy)
- Citizens who obtained citizenship abroad (not through the Stockholm Embassy)
- Citizens who obtained citizenship by marriage abroad or in Italy (not through the Stockholm Embassy).
How an appointment can be booked online with Prenot@mi?
If you are a registered user with Prenota On Line, you should click on the button “Login registered user” and insert your credentials:
User name: email address
Password: created at time of first registration on Prenot@mi
You will enter the page of active services, you will select “Booking of Italian Passport” and will fill in the required information with the data of the applicant. Therefore, if the passport is requested for a minor children, the data required must be the ones pertaining to the child. It will be possibile to visualize the calendar to select a convenient date.
New user will need to register first, clicking on the Registration button. Once the registration is complete, it will be necessary to acces again using User Name and Password to follow up with the booking.
Before the appointment date, the Passport Office will check the applicant personal data, to verify the correspondence with the data already in possession of the Italian Government and if any reason exists to deny the application.
>> PLEASE NOTE: If, following the back-up checks, any reason for a temporary or permanent denial of passport issue does emerge, the Passport Office will contact the applicant for cancelling the appointment.
Can one book an appointment for another person?
Yes, it is possible, but the data of the applicant must be compiled to allow checks by the Passport Office. In case of people whose data have not been inserted, it will not be possibile to issue passports to applicants whose data have not been checked out in advance.
A registered user can book for minor children, specifying that the booking refers to her/his minor child and compiling the form with the MINOR CHILD DATA. Same procedure if the passport is requested for another family member, whose DATA MUST BE COMPILED in the form.
>>PLEASE NOTE: only for urgent travel needs, proven by actual documentation (sanitary certifications, medical emergencies) the function ITALIAN PASSPORT – EMERGENCY SITUATIONS can be used to book an appointment. POSSESSION OF A TRAVEL TICKET IS NOT AN URGENT REASON FOR OBTAINING AN ITALIAN PASSPORT. The Passport Office will verify the urgent travel needs and in case of approval, re-confirm the appointment.
On the confirmed appointment day and hour, please show up to the Consular Office, bringing along the following:
- Application form (mod. 1P) completely filled in and signed by applicant. (PLEASE READ FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS BELOW)
- LAST-ISSUED ITALIAN PASSPORT (if not existing, other picture ID; if no picture ID exists, two witnesses are necessary); if the applicant is a minor, the responsible guardian need to show up with a picture ID.
- 2 passport size pictures (recent, taken no longer than 6 months prior, front facing, in color, 35×45 mm).
- If the applicant’s passport has been lost or stolen, the police report from Swedish authorities must be brought along at the appointment.
- Personbevis – Ändamål: Familjebevis – issued by Skatteverket (it is received by mail only, not downloaded online; other forms ARE NOT VALID). For minor children, the Personbevis of the guardian is requested.
- Payment by CASH or Credit/Debit card. Swish is not available.
The consular fees are adjusted following the exchange rate every quarter, please verify current fees here.
For any other information not contained in the previous list, please write a detailed request to: